Dairy Tomorrow strategy
The Dairy Tomorrow Strategy is focussed on the key challenges and opportunities that face the dairy sector today – and importantly, into the future.
While the current pace and amount of change can seem overwhelming, it’s important to recognise there is a plan and it is achievable. The Dairy Tomorrow Strategy is that plan.
With input from across the sector, the strategy brings together key partners who are working towards a shared vision for the future of dairy. It will guide us as we tackle challenges and work together to do the right thing.
Having a shared vision and strategy allows us to take control of our own destiny, set our own path and give us a compelling voice in the face of unprecedented change.
If we work together to adapt and thrive, NZ dairy has a strong future.
Our beliefs and positions
- We believe that sustainable dairy farming has a critical role to play in New Zealand’s future prosperity and wellbeing.
- We are committed to successfully farming within environmental limits.
- We are committed to maximising value from New Zealand milk while preserving the benefits of our pasture-based system.
- We take responsibility for caring for our people, animals and the environment, and will not tolerate failure to comply with the rules that protect them.
- We are committed to greater transparency, openness and working together.
Our guiding principles
Bold – We will be bold in our aspirations and fronting our challenges.
Open – We will be open and transparent in our positions, progress, and performance.
Innovative – We will embrace new technology and new ways of working to solve our challenges and secure our opportunities.
Collaborative – We will partner and collaborate with other sectors and civil society.