Dairy Tomorrow strategy
Our vision and guiding principles
The Dairy Tomorrow Strategy is focussed on the key challenges and opportunities that face the dairy sector today – and importantly, into the future.
The current pace and amount of change is greater than ever and the Dairy Tomorrow Strategy is our plan to navigate this change, adapt, and continue to hold our place as one of the most sustainable producers of milk in the world.
With input from across the sector, the strategy brings together key partners who are working towards a shared vision for the future of dairy. It guides us as we tackle challenges and work together to do the right thing.
Having a shared vision and strategy allows us to take control of our own destiny, set our own path and give us a compelling voice in the face of unprecedented change.
Through working together to adapt and thrive, we will ensure New Zealand dairy has a strong future.
Our beliefs and positions
- We believe that sustainable dairy farming has a critical role to play in New Zealand’s future prosperity and wellbeing.
- We are committed to successfully farming within environmental limits.
- We are committed to maximising value from New Zealand milk while preserving the benefits of our pasture-based system.
- We take responsibility for caring for our people, animals and the environment, and will not tolerate failure to comply with the rules that protect them.
- We are committed to greater transparency, openness and working together.
Our guiding principles
Bold – We will be bold in our aspirations and fronting our challenges.
Open – We will be open and transparent in our positions, progress, and performance.
Innovative – We will embrace new technology and new ways of working to solve our challenges and secure our opportunities.
Collaborative – We will partner and collaborate with other sectors and civil society.