We will build the world’s most competitive and resilient dairy farming businesses
- Develop benchmarks and targets for international competitiveness, resilience, sustainability and community expectations for our future farm systems to achieve. From 2019 report annually on the performance of research farms and the wider sector against these benchmarks and targets.
- By 2020, join with government and industry investors to develop and implement a co-funded, sector led ‘National Science Challenge’ for dairying to deliver the next generation of tested, cutting-edge science and technology solutions for future farm systems.
- By 2025, 10% of dairy farms annually will have completed a whole farm assessment to identify and capture improvements in farm performance, with annual improvements in business performance and resilience measures reported from DairyBase.
- By 2020, improve data connectivity so that farmers’ need for valid data can be met by authorised data exchange between organisations.
- Develop initiatives to reduce the risk and impact on farm profitability and productivity, of biosecurity incursions.